You won’t find any Adsense ads on my website.
Is the television over IP industry's weekly monitor--a free weekly email...
Businesses Beware - New Battlefront in Email and Web
Research Report: Magic Quadrant for E-Mail Security Boundary, 2006
Streaming Media Magazine
Hundreds more titles...
Yes, I’ve read about the apparent “death of Adsense” and my inbox has been stuffed with claims and counter claims about the value of this product or that strategy. . But that is not the reason.
You see, I am a writer. I love nothing more than to research and write material on the area of my passion. In fact I have devoted my life to that very thing. Other than a bit of housework and meal preparation in support of my hardworking life- partner, my time is spent online researching and writing my own material. I am very proud of the material I have produced and offer in the form of articles and e-books on my website.
Once I have attracted a visitor to my site, why on earth would I want them to suddenly leave and go who knows where? At least if they clicked on an affiliate link I have something of an advantage for two reasons: (a) I have chosen where the visitor will go when they leave my site and (b) I could receive some income if they purchase the product or service on the site to which I am an affiliate.
With Adsense, the most likely place my hard-earned visitor would end up would be my direct competitor! That’s like owning a Pizza restaurant and advertising the local Chicken Take-Away in my establishment. Yet, that is in effect, the type of thing I would be doing if I displayed Adsense on my site. Yes, it might make sense to Google to provide contextual advertising. It would probably even make sense to the advertiser (otherwise why would they do it). But it makes no sense to me.
I write because I believe I have something worthwhile to say. I believe, in all honesty, there are a lot of people who would benefit from hearing what I have to say. . I also believe that laborers are worthy of their hire, so yes, I offer some of my material for sale. I put my material before people. If they like what they see, if it fills a need in their life at that particular moment in time, they may buy. If they don’t like what they see, that’s okay. But the last thing I want is for them to rush in and out of my ‘store’ because their attention has been grabbed by my competitor who I allow to stand in the entrance to my place of business for the purpose of diverting my customers across to his ‘store’. Will they come back to me? I don’t really know, but I sure as heck would rather it didn’t happen in the first place.
On the other hand, I recognize that I am something of a crusader. My site is not there specifically for me to make money, although the income is appreciated. If I was only interested in making money (and it seems, if you believe everything you read you either make millions or you make zero when you are in business on the Internet. There is, apparently, no middle ground) then I could provide the mega-store approach and offer you anything and everything your heart desires.
I heard recently of one entrepreneur who has 75000 websites! Apparently the content on those sites is so unappealing that he makes tens of thousands of dollars each month from Adsense alone. To that I say “Great. I trust he enjoys his money” I choose to journey along a road apparently less travelled. What I lose out on in the area of financial gain, I certainly make up for in satisfaction of achieving my life’s goal and a career path that I honestly love. There’s not much more I could ask for.
Graham Hunt is the Founder and Thinker-in-Residence of The Ultimate Success Center, the website of which can be found at http://www.the-ultimate-success-site.com. Graham has also started an interactive blog on Aglet Marketing. An aglet is the small metal tip on a shoestring. Aglet Marketing, therefore seeks ways to promote your website on the tip of a shoestring. The blog can be found at http://www.aglet-marketing.blogspot.com
- Coolest Idea For Publishers. Adsense Search With G...
- How To Use Adsense Tricks To Benefit Your Site And...
- Are Adsense Tracker That Important? You Bet Your B...
- Build Your Adsense Empire, 2 Surefire Ways To Maxi...
- Using Other Peoples Info To Increase Your Adsense ...
- Do You Know Why Adsense Is Essential For Content S...
- 10 Reasons Keyword Research Is So Important To Ads...
- How To Find A Profitable Niche For An Adsense Site...
- Don't Get Involved With Adsense Click Fraud
- Can You Convert Words Into Money?
- 16 year old son with $70,000 earned from Adsense.
- Cracking the Google Adsense Code
- 5 Reasons Many Adsense Sites Don't Make Money
- Adsense Template Tips To Income And Sucess... ASAP...
- Adsense Secrets & More Revealed!
- How To Maximize Adsense Earnings From Your Blogs
- Beware Of Google’s Top Blue Ads
- Top Paying Adsense Keywords
- The Best Place To Put Your Adsense Ads!
- Adsense Income for Websites and Blogs - Target Ads...
- Don't Get Caught With Google Adsense Click Fraud
- Adsense - Playing By The Rules
- Adsense - Improve Your Earnings by 5 Folds
- Forget about Google Adsense! The other roads
- Adsense Income Secrets to Success
- The Death Of Adsense For Web Publishers
- So If AdSense Is Dead Then What?
- Making Adsense work in the smart pricing era
- Top 10 AdSense Tricks To Boost Your Commission
- How to Increase Your Google Adsense CTR
- 9 Google Adsense Placement Recipes
- 7 AdSense Tips for WordPress
- How Much Does Your Google Adsense Really Make
- How to Avoid Having Your AdSense Accout Banned for...
- Making Adsense Work In The Smart Pricing Era
- Tips For Maximum Adsense Content Relevancy
- The Google Adsense Template Phenomenon
- Adsense Makes No Sense To Me
- 5 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Earnings
- Google Adsense and How You Can Earn More From Adse...
- ▼ May (40)