Where’s the best place to put your adsense ads? On your web pages of course. Ok, just kidding. The real question should be: “Is there really any truth to the rumors that where you place those Google AdSense ads can actually improve response?” According to my best information, the answer to that question is: Yes.
Google’s own AdSense experts say that that there is a direct correlation between the placement of the AdSense ads and the resulting clickthrough.
When ads are placed in “content zones”, rather than in “advertising zones”, response rates on Google AdWords goes up. There are also indications showing that ads appearing on the right side of the page get clicked more than ads appearing on the left side.
Advertising analysts with degrees in human behavior and psychology have spent thousands of man-years (people-years?) studying how people read printed and Internet content and what it takes to get them to respond to ads. While some of these studies are proprietary, or are only available to anyone with $10,000 or more to spend on a copy, other studies have been made public and can be read by anyone who is interested.
Google themselves has released some relevant information which is focused directly on increasing your Google AdSense response. You can read their findings here.
Of course, all of the studies in the world aren’t worth a hill of beans if the findings don’t work on your web site. That’s why it is important to test, test and test again. Experiment with your Google AdSense placement and track the results over a period of time. Google provides response tracking tools in your AdSense control panel. Learn how to use them. As you begin to see what may be only subtle differences in response, you’ll be able to determine what works best for your particular site. But don’t get complacent. What’s working for you now might not work next month if you change your site design or content.
One of the most important factors in determining placement of your ads is the type of content that your site delivers. If you are primarily an e-commerce site, and you have a lot of pictures and ad copy for your own products competing for attention against AdSense ads, then it is going to be a particularly tough challenge getting any kind of decent Google AdSense clickthrough. It is situations like this that require very thorough testing and a lot of trial and error.
Blogs seem to have a lot of success generating high response rates to Google AdSense listings. Perhaps it’s because blog readers realize that ad revenue is the only way that their favorite blogmaster can keep the lights on, so the readers think of clicking on ads as a way to make a donation(possible adsense click fraud though).
Regardless of what the experts say, your best bet is to tailor your Google AdSense ad placement to what your own experience shows works best for you. In the end, you’re the only expert who matters.
- Coolest Idea For Publishers. Adsense Search With G...
- How To Use Adsense Tricks To Benefit Your Site And...
- Are Adsense Tracker That Important? You Bet Your B...
- Build Your Adsense Empire, 2 Surefire Ways To Maxi...
- Using Other Peoples Info To Increase Your Adsense ...
- Do You Know Why Adsense Is Essential For Content S...
- 10 Reasons Keyword Research Is So Important To Ads...
- How To Find A Profitable Niche For An Adsense Site...
- Don't Get Involved With Adsense Click Fraud
- Can You Convert Words Into Money?
- 16 year old son with $70,000 earned from Adsense.
- Cracking the Google Adsense Code
- 5 Reasons Many Adsense Sites Don't Make Money
- Adsense Template Tips To Income And Sucess... ASAP...
- Adsense Secrets & More Revealed!
- How To Maximize Adsense Earnings From Your Blogs
- Beware Of Google’s Top Blue Ads
- Top Paying Adsense Keywords
- The Best Place To Put Your Adsense Ads!
- Adsense Income for Websites and Blogs - Target Ads...
- Don't Get Caught With Google Adsense Click Fraud
- Adsense - Playing By The Rules
- Adsense - Improve Your Earnings by 5 Folds
- Forget about Google Adsense! The other roads
- Adsense Income Secrets to Success
- The Death Of Adsense For Web Publishers
- So If AdSense Is Dead Then What?
- Making Adsense work in the smart pricing era
- Top 10 AdSense Tricks To Boost Your Commission
- How to Increase Your Google Adsense CTR
- 9 Google Adsense Placement Recipes
- 7 AdSense Tips for WordPress
- How Much Does Your Google Adsense Really Make
- How to Avoid Having Your AdSense Accout Banned for...
- Making Adsense Work In The Smart Pricing Era
- Tips For Maximum Adsense Content Relevancy
- The Google Adsense Template Phenomenon
- Adsense Makes No Sense To Me
- 5 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Earnings
- Google Adsense and How You Can Earn More From Adse...
- ▼ May (40)